1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert a single MP4 frame to a Jpeg image. How to?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Rob1960, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rob1960

Rob1960 Thread Starter

I'm trying to make a JPEG digital image from a single frame on an MP4 Video clip. I use Windows Media Player, and also have Nero. I can freeze the desired frame. Then I do a screen shot and paste it into a blank canvas of Photoshop CS2. Here's the mystery [to me] : I can save it as a jpeg, or other. But when I try to re-open it later, the picture is solid black. I've tried several other photo programs that I also have... same result. So what are the unique properties of this particular photo type that cause this? What is the best way to achieve my goal. Thanks.

2. Cyps

Cyps

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration by right clicking on the Desktop then on Properties>Settings tab, now click on the Advanced button then on the Troubleshoot tab. Set Hardware Acceleration to None, click OK OK.

3. Rob1960

Rob1960 Thread Starter

That worked. thank you.

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

If its a file you can play in VLC Media Player you can right click on the screen and there's a "Snapshot" item....its that easy.

5. Rob1960

Rob1960 Thread Starter

This is a great program. Thanks. Is there a setting to change the trype of output file from PNG ?

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    you can also try windows movie maker that is included free in windows xp. i have done that several times when ive made movies. you play the clip and where it says take picture hit it and youll have your pix. hope this works for you.

7. Rob1960

Rob1960 Thread Starter

what does the Hardware Accelerator do? And what differences will I notice if I leave it permanently turned off.

8. Cyps

Cyps

It may affect the playback of DVD disks on your computer but is easily enabled again.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/659235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice