1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert CD/DVD into 1 EXE file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Ranmas83, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

Ok, i been kinda looking around in this here forum and google but im not either finding the right info or not understanding it.

I use PowerISO i just wanna make it where i can Take my CD/DVDs and turn em into 1 EXE File. I rather just use my discs once and put them back in case then have to open em and risk a chance of them getting scratched (children running around playing reflections on the wall :() i been getting em ready to put some into DVD Format so i can have only one disc hold the data but i have a few hard drive i can use to make into one EXE file i figure i do that do incase who knows what happens :eek:

Post a Thread or just post a quick easy to use direction on how to do. Thank You for Reading this Post! Have a good one!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Not sure what you mean. Exe files, or executables, are files that execute and perform some action. What action would you want them to perform? Most files do not perform any action at all.

PowerIso can make iso images of many CD's and DVD's, but not all. Many are copy-protected and will not work if made into an iso, even if the iso is then burned back to CD since the copyrighted encryption is gone (games, for example).

Maybe if you explained a little more what you want to do.

3. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

i wanna be able to just put into a "1 File" so when i wanna play/install it i can just double-click it. i have like tons of Hard drives/space like over 2tb put together and i just wanna make it where i dont have to take 4 CDs and install the SoB like World of warcraft for instance... 5 CDs plus Expansion is another 4 CDs it takes like an hour to install :eek:

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Make a 1 to 1 copy of the original CD, put the original in a safe place.

Or if you have allot of disk space, make an ISO of the CD's and store them on your hard drive, then you can make an exact copy of it anytime you want, simply burn the ISO file to CD as an image. Power ISO can create the ISO image, and this software can burn the ISO file you create to CD.

http://www.imgburn.com/

No way to condense multiple CD's to DVD, at least not very easily.

5. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

i do that now, i just wanna learn how to make it into a application file.

Trying to expand my knowledge, going to try to make a job of it someday :p

6. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

I guess no one knows how to do it, Oh wells. ill just keep as .daa :/

7. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Your not really going to be able to take 4 cds and make them into one install unless you have some high end software to do it. We did that for pushing down apps on our Novell Network but I doubt you can afford the software.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

If they even are installations. They may be music. In that case, I'm not sure exactly what an exe would do.

It's far easier to make iso's and mount them in virtual drives when they are needed. You can have many virtual drives, and 4 for free with Daemon Tools or many others.

9. Ranmas83

Ranmas83 Thread Starter

yeah, i just wanted to do it for the experience of being able to i guess, i already have all my games in Image format... only took up about 55gigs i thought be lil more heh. well thanks everything for helping. i hope ill help you guys someday :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice