1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert CWK File to DOC file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by baking, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baking

baking Thread Starter

Hi -
    I recieved a cwk file from a classmate and i need to be able to open it in doc.
    any ideas??
    Thanks much,
    Beth ann

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

..."open it in doc.." ?

Can you explain, do you want to open it in Microsoft Word?

I don't know of a program called "doc"..

3. slurpee55

slurpee55

Rather than cutting at another new member (having a bad day, Kiwi?), .cwk files, originally from ClarisWorks, sometimes also come from AppleWorks users. Alas, all that I have found indicates that you will need a Macintosh (or at least some type of Apple) running that software to read the .cwk file. Perhaps you can later save it as a .pdf file or just cut and paste into MS Word for your .doc file.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sorry, wasn't meant to be "cutting", I was "confused".

Not used to Apple software I guess.

5. baking

baking Thread Starter

Hi to all -
    Thanks for the thought on the pdf file - didn't even occur to me. Hey and the reply on the doc - I should have been more clear - wanted to take a .cwk file (Appleworks) and convert to a .doc file (Microsoft word).
    Thanks again and Happy Holidays!!

I'll try the pdf route ....

Beth Ann :)

6. slurpee55

slurpee55

Ah well, Kiwi, thanks for the clarification. Personally, I don't care much for Apple software, not because it is bad, but because of cross-platform hassles like these. May as well go with the monster "Micro"soft (what irony!) despite the buggy stuff they tend to turn out.
    And good luck, Beth Ann!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/305755