1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert dmg image files straight to m4v files

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Sumus, Aug 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumus

Sumus Thread Starter

Is there any software that will allow you to drag an image file (dmg or img) to it such that it will convert the entire DVD the img contains into an m4

2. valis

valis Moderator

Howdy and welcome. I'm unsure on what you are asking, but it sounds to me like you are trying to convert an image into a movie? If so, I don't know that that can be done.

3. Sumus

Sumus Thread Starter

Yes, export a dmg file (disc image) straight into an m4v viewable video file. I had some luck with handbrake, but it only did a portion (few chapters)--not the whole DVD I had made prior to making the disc image of it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!