1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert Drawing Object to Picture, in same place

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Son1_of_Nicholas, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Son1_of_Nicholas

Son1_of_Nicholas Thread Starter

I need a macro for Word 2001 on Mac OS 9.2.2. Before the macro, I will manually select (click on) a Drawing Object. Then I will execute the macro, and it will copy the Drawing Object, delete it, convert it into Picture, and position the Picture exactly where the Drawing Object was. And I mean exactly--to the 0.01 of an inch).

And the other plain text around it also must remain exactly where it was. That means the Picture must have a Layout of "In front of text".

The closest I have is the following macro:
    Sub aa_convert()
    Selection.Cut
    Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, DataType:=wdPasteMetafilePicture, _
    Placement:=wdFloatOverText, DisplayAsIcon:=False
    End Sub
    Of course the "Selection.Cut" both copies the selected Drawing Object to the clipboard, and deletes it off the page.

The the "Selection.PasteSpecial" pastes it as a Picture. But the Picture shows up almost anywhere on the page it wants; I need it to paste in exactly the same place the Drawing Object was.

I am attaching a sample document for you to experiment with, and that illustrates my needs better.

Thanks.

--Mark

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice