Convert *.eml to *.txt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Genshen

Hi all

I am a subscriber to the TGSL newsletter where I receive a large number of TGSL emails detailing the various computing problems. Before I go on I use OE6. My question to the forum is : Is there a process in OE6 or a software p/g that I can apply to 400 odd TGSL emails that would save all the emails from *.eml to *.txt without me individualy going through the process of selecting the desired email pressing the combination keyboard keys ALT+F, select *.txt and the desired location in the Save As dialog box.

Alternatively does anyone know of an an extraction p/g I can use on *.dbx folder(OE6) to extract individual *.eml's and save them as individual *.txt while still keeping all of the email properties.

Regards

Genshen

Item 2 should be solved by using the freeware DBXtract:

http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

As to EML vs TXT
In the sense that both are ASCII format and you don't want to alter the contents of EMLs but simply change the extension. Why not just do it in DOS? Put all the EML files in one folder, open a DOS window, change to the EML folder and type:

REN *.eml *.txt

Then hit ENTER.
If the folder is called EML, you change to that folder by typing:
C:\CD EML
Hit Enter

Note the spaces between various entries.
sekirt

Genshen

Many thanks for your help on my .eml to .txt question. Sorry this has taken so long. I completely forgot I posted this question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online