1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert font file .fon to another format

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rockballad, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rockballad

rockballad Thread Starter

Hi,

I need to convert a .fon font to .pcf font format. Looks like fnt2bdf (and then bdftopcf) can help, but I didn't see fnt2bdf in wine's tool (www.winhq.org) as many people say. Could you tell me how to convert that font format or how to get fnt2bdf (binary or compile from source),

Thanks so much!

2. kimsland

kimsland

3. rockballad

Thanks for your quick help!

But I just don't know how to add that tool to wine :( What can I do with these source code in this CVS? I think fnt2bdf is simple and lightweight but hardly to find a executable file.

I even have the source code for fnt2bdf only here http://ftp.lanet.lv/ftp/mirror/x2ftp/msdos/programming/convert/fnt2bdf.zip but again, I'm confused with compiling it to executable file. Could you be kind enough to give me a hand?

4. kimsland

kimsland

Sorry just found that info going to google.

I really can't help further.

If no one else replies, pls create a new thread

5. rockballad

6. kimsland

kimsland

Excellent

An older version, of course.

Did my respose prompt you to go for an older version. Or you have already realized this.

In any case it's solved

7. rockballad

After trying, I realized that fnt2bdf is not very good, I didn't know what was wrong, the charset or something else, but the bdf file can't be used. Luckily, I got a small hint from Google: using fontforge to generate bdf font. And it worked perfectly. Then I easily convert it to pcf format.

Hope it's useful to someone! Nice day!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/654200