1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert Outlook 2000 pst to Outlook 2003 pst

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by eenochs, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eenochs

eenochs Thread Starter

I know this is probably easy but I was curious what the instructions are to convert 2000 .pst to 2003 to take advantage of the available space. I have a user who is working on the 2000 limit and need to upgrade.

Thanks in advance

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

If you, or your user, are/is now using Outlook 2003, I would assume you could just copy the 2000 .PST file over to where your 2003 Outlook is running and then import it.

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Or, after copying the 2000 .pst file over to the new hard drive, open it with Outlook 2003.
    File > Open > Outlook Data File
    Browse to the location of the .pst file and select it.

Then create a new .pst file in Outlook 2003
    File > New > Outlook Data File
    Within Outlook 2003, copy the contents of the version 2000 .pst file to the version 2003 .pst file.
    Your formatting should stay intact.

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    You can also just import the data from the old pst as well. Try "File">>"Import and Export" from the menu bar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/497204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice