1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert PASSWORD PROTECTED WordPerfect files to Microsoft Work Word Processor

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by samtooth6, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. samtooth6

samtooth6 Thread Starter

I have several password protected documents from an old crapped out computer that are done in a very old version of WordPerfect and I cannot open them up in my current computer's "Microsoft Works Word Processor". The ones that are not password protected open up fine, but the ones that have password protection bring up the following Windows message: "Works cannot open (said document). The file may be in use by another application, the file may not be supported by any of the installed converters, or the file may be corrupt". I have tried all other "converters" that are a part of my Microsoft Works Word Processor. If my old computer still worked, I could simply remove the password and I would have no problem, but as you can see, this is not the case. Any help would be appreciated.

2. samtooth6

samtooth6 Thread Starter

I just realized that the email address on file when I posted my question was obsolete, so I have just updated my profile with my new address. Sorry.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The standard rules of the forum is to not provide any assistance in password removal, as it's just impossible to tell good intentions from other ones.

So I would suggest emailing the files to somone with a working version of WP, with the password.

There will be no other way around it, encryption is quite high.

4. samtooth6

samtooth6 Thread Starter

God point. Never thought of that. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523655

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice