Convert pdf to jpg

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Xynd

Hi Guys,

I want to convert picture pages in pdf to jpg format.
How to do that?
What program should I use ?

Thank you.

RT

Not sure if you can do that directly.

But you can hold the Alt key and press the Print Screen key. Then open MS Paint, and click Edit/paste. The image will have the Adobe frame, but you can crop it out with any image editing software and save the result as a jpg.

Xynd

Thank you for yor information RT.
I already able to paste it in ms paint but I still unable to crop the adobe frame.
I have no experince at all at using image editing software.

Could u please recommend a good freeware to do simple editing like that?
From what I know software like corel or photoshop is very expensive.

Thank you

buck52

Banned
Irfanview

within Paint use the selection tool (top right on the tool bar) to select the portion you want then click edit copy then click file new then edit paste then file save as.

buck

RT

Xynd said:
From what I know software like corel or photoshop is very expensive.

Thank you
Most welcome, Xynd. And yes Photoshop is expensive, but very powerful (and complex).

A good free option is IrfanView, available here:
http://www.irfanview.com/

It is, perhaps, not intuitive at first but play around with it, it can do alot.

To crop with IrfanView, use your mouse to select the image without the frame. Just hold left mouse button and drag. Then from the top menu Edit/Crop Selection.

There are other free imaging programs for free, as well. Search Google for other options.

RT

See? buck52 recommends it too! :)
Just saw your post, buck.

Cropping with Paint as suggested will save you a step, you might not even need or want IrfanView, doing it buck's way.

Xynd

Ok, I'll give it a try.

Thanks again for your information

If you have Acrobat (the full program, not Reader), there's an option to extract images from a PDF document and save them as JPEGs and some other formats. It's been my experience that cutting/pasting to Paint or Irfanview results in a big loss in image quality.

buck52

Banned
md2lgyk said:
If you have Acrobat (the full program, not Reader), there's an option to extract images from a PDF document and save them as JPEGs and some other formats. It's been my experience that cutting/pasting to Paint or Irfanview results in a big loss in image quality.
I agree...but

It's been my experience "Acrobat (the full program, not Reader)" results in a big loss in my piggy bank... ;)

buck

Irfanview is a slick little program that I use all the time for just what you want it to do.

Another great program (with lots of additional features and a steeper learning curve is TheGimp--- I wouldn't want to get into a ****** contest with PaintShopPro--- but it is very competitive & FREE).
http://www.gimp.org/downloads/
(look for the binary version for your platform--- including Windows, Unix/Linux & Mac)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online