1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Convert Real Player format to Windows Media format?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by WishIknow, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WishIknow

WishIknow Thread Starter

Does anyone know how to or a program convert from Real Player format to Windows Media Player format?

2. WishIknow

WishIknow Thread Starter

Somebody suggested me to use ConvertMovie. Does anyone have experience with this software?

3. mphair

mphair

i thought real player format was mostly streaming stuff...movie.r kind of extension. where it would be like 5 kb big and it would essentially be a link to a movie instead of the actual movie?
    -mphair

4. WishIknow

WishIknow Thread Starter

Hi mphair,

There are quite a few videos downloaded which are Real Player format, -.rm extension . I would liket to edit it with Windows Movie Maker which does not work with Real Player format. Thereofe I'm looking for a program which would convert the Windows Meadis format.

5. WishIknow

WishIknow Thread Starter

I found one - a program called Super AVConverter. It's not free but works well.

6. supan0v4

supan0v4

I found great convert called WinAvi it does most things, though u do need alot of codecs and is not for free unless...

7. scuzzy

scuzzy

If you want to try freeware try Real7ime Converter from http://r7cproj.euro.ru/indexe.htm It can capture streming real audio/video files and converts them to AVI format in addition to converting stored files.
    To capture streaming media you can try Streambox Ripper.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/426086