1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

convert SD card wav file to file playable by any CD player

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pianojoe, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pianojoe

pianojoe Thread Starter

Hello - I want to take wav files off an SD card and convert them for use on any CD player. I have been told to convert wav files to pcm files which come under the umbrella of "redbook files" - all confusing and still can't do it. I have Nero 7 and do not know how to go about this. I transfer the files from an SD memory card to the Vista PC and know that I cannot just drag them and hope they'll convert. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you have Nero, all you should have to do is burn an Audio CD and add the WAV file to the compilation. No converting by you needed.

Open Nero StartSmart, select "Make Audio CD" from the Audio tasks, click Add and browse to where you have the WAV file and Add it to the compilation, close the Add window and you shoudl that the audio file has been added. Click Next, give the CD a title and click Burn.

3. pianojoe

pianojoe Thread Starter

Sorry for the delay in responding. Problem solved, Triple6. with my gratitude!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice