1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

converting a file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bratpak3, Aug 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bratpak3

bratpak3 Thread Starter

I have a file that was created in Word 2000 and I need to convert it to a .pdf format. Will someone please tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

2. brianF

brianF

You would have to have a copy of acrobat to do it, it's not freeware.

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

bratpak3
    Yes Brian is correct and acrobat 5.0 is expensive. However there is an alternative that I use, I signed up at
    http://www.gohtm.com/ and they offer free conversion to pdf or html. It takes about 5 minutes and the product is
    e-mailed back to you. There is a 5 meg limit though. I'll
    e-mail over a sample conversion they did.
    Dave

4. bratpak3

bratpak3 Thread Starter

I have Adobe Acrobat 4.0 on my computer. Is this the program you're referring to?

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

No acrobat reader 3.0 or 4.0 are free versions of only the reader.
    Dave

6. bratpak3

bratpak3 Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestion, Davey. I tried gohtm.com and I keep getting an error message saying "Due to malformed syntax, the request could not be understood by the server. The client should not repeat the request without modifications." The file I'm trying to convert is 469KB and it is a .doc file. I don't understand what malformed syntax means...help!

7. Davey7549

Davey7549

bratpak3
    Malformed syntax could mean the location string was invalid
    Or something in your file was incorrect. I've never recieved a message like that from the site. When you requested the conversion did you browse to its location and double click the file you wanted? and then named it as you wished?
    Dave

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/49821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice