Converting a .PNG to a .JEF

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kozmicsky

I am having a heck of a hard time trying to convert a .PNG to a .JEF

It is for my personal logo, and I would like to be able to pass it on to my seamstress to sew into some material for me.

Are there any free tools out there to help with this task? GIMP? I also have Wilcom Truesizer by that isn't helping with a .PNG :(

Thanks!

Have you looked at Embird?

Even with the right tool, you'll need to do some work. A .PNG is just an image, but a .JEF provides instructions to a sewing machine. It's not the same thing as converting one image format to another.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm not sure if Truesizer is a digitizer that is needed to create a Janome jef file.
You could use Gimp (or any other viewer/editor) to convert the png to a bmp that's the format needed by the Janome "Easy Import" or "Customizer" Digitizer.
What Janome Machine do you have ????

Can you attach your png here ????

Attachments

I'm not sure if Truesizer is a digitizer that is needed to create a Janome jef file.
It isn't, Jay, you are correct. It will let you do some resizing and density adjustments on an existing stitch file and can convert a stitch file to other stitch file formats but it's only a very small subset of Wilcom's full digitizing application.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online