Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Converting a webpage to pdf

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  cwwozniak 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have some exams coming up and the study materials have been given to us in webpage format, HTML. I would like to print these out so i have a hard copy for the exam. I have seen a lot of talk that these can be converted to pdf, is there anywhere anyone knows of where i can get the webpage link sent off and brought back to me in pdf form for me ready to print out?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Why don't you use the Windows built-in Snipping Tool to crop and save those webpages in .JPG format?
You can then open and print off those .JPG files.

--------------------------------------------------
Hi, thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately the webpages are fairly sizeable (around 400 pages each) so snipping tool would take quite a while to complete.

#8 ·
You should have Print to Microsoft PDF. So instead of saving it, print it to a PDF, which technically is saving to PDF.

If you have Adobe Reader, you can do the same thing with Adobe PDF. The difference between the two is that the latter will keep hyperlinks

1618857789918.png

1618857845663.png

You may need to check additional settings to remove any unwanted information to help with the size.

If you meant you have 400 separate weblinks, then you need to do each one.

#10 ·
Hi all,

I have some exams coming up and the study materials have been given to us in webpage format, HTML. I would like to print these out so i have a hard copy for the exam. I have seen a lot of talk that these can be converted to pdf, is there anywhere anyone knows of where i can get the webpage link sent off and brought back to me in pdf form for me ready to print out?

Thanks in advance!
I have a solution, but the output is HTML, not PDF. The best solution I've found that near perfectly preserves formatting, pictures, links, etc., is an add-on called SingleFile. Once the add-on is installed for your browser, just pick whatever the page is. Then click the little SingleFile icon on the browser bar. SingleFile collects everything and saves the file as one standalone HTML file. You don't even need Internet access to view the HTML file as everything is embedded, unless you want to use any of the shortcuts. You can use any browser you want, copy file around, place it in cloud storage, flash drive, etc.

The link for SingleFile for Firefox is here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi... and,frames, fonts etc. as a single HTML file.

#12 · (Edited)
DarshanLoser16, I deleted your post as the app you suggested is known to install viruses. Please be more careful in the future with what you suggest.

UPDATE: After further review and investigation by an Admin and myself, the CamScanner App suggested by @DarshanLoser16 may be a safe solution to be considered if downloaded from the Microsoft website.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/camscanner-pc/9np7z3v0t7d1?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Downloading the software from any other site may result in getting a hacked version that installs a virus or other malware. Android versions of the app may also be hacked in a similar manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.