1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Converting an ISO DVD file to DVD format

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chermesh, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chermesh

chermesh Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have an iso which I would like to convert for DVD Players format. After running a web search, I found that dvdSanta can do the job. Still, dvdSanta accepts input exclusively from a CD/DVD drive. Since my file is residing on my HD, and I don't like the idea of a two-step DVD media burning, one from my HD to a DVD disk, two from this DVD disk in ISO format to DVD format via dvdSanta, I hoped to find a way to set a virtual DVD drive, copy the ISO file to it, input it to dvdSanta, and output it to a DVD media.
    I tried Paragon CD-ROM Emulator, but failed either in copying the file to this virtual disk or in finding a way for inputting the file from the virtual disk to dvdSanta.
    Can you suggest a way of converting a DVD ISO file to a DVD format to be burned on a DVD media?

Ran

2. accat13

accat13

I can see this topic being locked.But I will give one hint .iso = image burn as such.

3. bkdc

bkdc

I don't know anything about dvdSanta but, if you are using either NERO or ROXIO take the hint from ACCAT13.

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

It probably is already in DVD format, hence the ISO which is ready to burn to DVD.

Get this and burn it.

http://www.imgburn.com/

5. chermesh

chermesh Thread Starter

Hi MysticEyes,
    Thanks.

Is there a way check if it's in DVD format PRIOR to burning. I would better save a media if it's not in DVD format.

Ran

6. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy

Hi Chermesh,

DVDSANTA does read from HD.

Certainly using Full v 4.00.

lol
    Hew

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Just to clarify. what type of ISO is it?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/434260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice