Converting Audio Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

XZilla

I would like to convert audio files to mp3. Can I do this with any of the media players that I have, or do I need to purchase a specific program? I currently have the latest versions of Windows Media Play, Real Player, and Winamp. Please help.

Thanks

Couriant

James
You will need a specific program, but thankfully they are free :) CDEx is one that will convert WAV to MP3. If you want to convert others, check out www.download.com

XZilla

Thanks for your quick response. Does CDEx convert any file downloaded with any media player?

Thanks Again.

Couriant

James
What do you mean by 'file downloaded by any media player'?

XZilla

I have download music files utilizing Real Player and Rhapsody and would like to convert the files so that I can place them on my SD Card.

Couriant

James
OK. I take it you have a MP3 player then?

I have not seen personally a converter for Real files to MP3. As for rhapsody, what file extension do they go under as?

googling suggests that you burn the rax files to audio cds then rip them to mp3s

lotta work for----

XZilla

Eureka! I can't believe there was such a simple solution to a complicated problem.

Thanks for the help.

Couriant

James
The only reason I didn't mention it because of Ohheck's last sentence... Its a lot of work to get them into MP3s. Most CDs can hold on average 14 songs. If you have more than that.... it will take a while :)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
RAX files are protected, so the first step has to be burning them to an audio disk from what I found. I think this topic is borderline on being a legal topic here, FYI. :rolleyes:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!