1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Converting flash gallery to work on iphones?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ajrobson, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ajrobson

ajrobson Thread Starter

A few years ago I scanned in all of our family photos and put them on my website using a flash based gallery.

I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert this flash gallery so it would be viewable on an iphone? I have read a little about flash to html5 but the few converters I have tried online don't seem to do anything.

Has anyone here tried something similar? Or is there a quick way to make an iphone viewable gallery?

2. colinsp

colinsp

Try using something like the free Format Factory to convert it to an mp4 or avi file then you should be able to play that on your site regardless of platform.

3. ajrobson

ajrobson Thread Starter

Sorry I don't think I explained it correctly. The flash gallery is like an application where the user can pick any picture add comments etc so converting it to a video wouldn't work.

4. colinsp

colinsp

In that case you will need to completely re-engineer it. Hopefully you still have the images. I would suggest having a look at some of the css3 galleries that are available have a look at Stu Nichols site http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ for example.

5. ajrobson

ajrobson Thread Starter

Thanks I'll take a look at them. Yeah I do have all the images, the flash gallery I made just reads an xml file which points to the images on my site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058883