1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Converting mp3's

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bcon76, Jan 18, 2002.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bcon76

bcon76 Guest Thread Starter

I know you can burn an mp3 to a cd but you can only play it in a player that reads mp3 from a disk right? If this is so is there any way or any software that will allow you to convert an mp3 to a format that your ordinary cd player can read?

2. bopdude

bopdude

Hi,
    Nero 5.5 is what I use with very little fuss
    It converts mp3 to cda format automaticaly
    hope this helps

3. bcon76

I should also mention that I am running WinXP Pro. Will Nero 5.5 work with XP. Does Easy cd Creator do the same thing?

4. bopdude

bopdude

I dont know about cd creator as I've never used it
    You would probable be better off going to the nero home page and checking for compatability
    sorry that I could not be of more help

5. bcon76

Looks like I get to answer my own question. Looks like Nero and ECDC do basicly the same things. ECDC looks a little more robust but the don't offer a demo. Compatible with windows xp is the first thing I see on nero's site and they do have a demo. Looks like the way to go. I guess I could have found all this out on my own in the first place but I was already and it takes soooo many clicks to get to another site. I'm tired now. Hows that for lazy? Thanks for the replys.

6. slipe

slipe

If you choose to record as “Audio” and record the MP3s, most mastering software will convert it to CDA so it can be played anywhere. I would say that any software that will work on XP will do it automatically for you.

If you record it as “Data” you will just copy the MP3 files so that they can only be played on the computer or a dedicated MP3 player that takes CDs. The difference is that you might get 100 MP3s on a CD where you could only get 10 CDAs.

It is important to equalize (normalize) the volumes of the MP3s you download or the recording sounds crappy with some tracks louder than others. Some software that comes bundled with burners doesn’t do this. All of the retail versions will do that.

If you have bundled software you can get this done without having to buy anything. The Feurio demo is full featured and never expires. It will normalize MP3 volumes as well as do neat stuff like fade in and out of tracks and let you break albums you download into separate tracks. http://www.feurio.net/English/index.shtml It works with XP.

The latest versions of EZCD and Nero work with XP but you have to apply a patch with EZCD.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!