1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Converting Objects To Keystrokes In Corel Draw 12

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by KIRK JOHNSON, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KIRK JOHNSON

KIRK JOHNSON Thread Starter

Anybody -

Please Help Me If You Can. I Want To Make My Own Personal Font, And I'm Pretty Sure I Can Do It In Corel Draw (whether I Can Export It Into Other Word Processing Programs Is Another Matter. I Beleave The Way To Do This Is To Pick A Font And Substitute A Drawn Object For A Keystroke. I Have Tried To Do This, But I've Gotten Nowhere - Does Anybody Out There Have The Answer To My Problem?

Respectfully,

K. Johnson

2. Davebomb

Davebomb

I have not used Corel Draw but I have used some similiar Adobe programs. I think you have to draw the letters in vector shapes and export them to a "truetype" font. I found this link:

http://www.csupomona.edu/~jcclark/fonts/fontinst.html

Truetype is a standard file for packaging fonts. So once you created the font in Corel you could export the file, then install the font on your operating system. Then you could type it through the keyboard in a Corel text box or a text editor or whatever. I don't know what OS you have but in Windows XP fonts are usually stored in "C:\WINDOWS\Fonts" and when you copy a new font into that folder it installs it on your system so that you can use it.

Good Luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!