1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Converting text

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by alwrmc, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    My niece carefully typed up her father's resume using Wordpad. She then managed to save it in the following form:
    <FONT Name="Heading" face="Arial" size=12 Condensed=F BIU=TFF></FONT>
    <FONT Name="Description" face="Arial" size=12 Condensed=F BIU=FFF></FONT>
    I have been unable to save/convert this back into a normal mode. Does anyone know if it is possible and if so how do I do it? All I have been able to come up with so far is to have her print the entire "listing" and then carefully retype the "text" parts. Thanks.

2. RandyG

RandyG

Open the document in word and save it as HTML. I'm guessing she saved it as a txt document

3. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I have tried saving it in several formats including HTML. They all look the same. But after some looking around I think she wrote it in WordPerfect Office. She showed it to me in WordPad and said that is where she typed it in. However the suffix is wpd which I believe is WordPerfect. She does have WordPerfect Office on her laptop. I have tried saving it as TXT, DOC, HTML, and every other file type available to me. They all look the same no matter what format I save as.

4. RandyG

RandyG

Ok, then open it all up, copy it all to notepad, and save as html

5. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Note does not offer the save as option for HTML only TXT

6. RandyG

RandyG

when you are saving it in notepad, choose all File types and manually type in htm or html

7. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    Ok, that "sorta" worked, it now looks like this...
    \Heading

OBJECTIVE
    \Description

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Arial;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\fs24 A position as a superintendent which will apply my background and experience in commercial construction. \par }
    \Heading

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    \BTopic

45 years of increasing responsibilities in the construction and engineering industry. 45 years of increasing responsibilities in the construction and engineering industry.

.....There are boxes around the parts that have a backslash in front of them such as \BTopic

Thank you for getting me this far. If I can't get it cleaned up any further, I think she can take the text and retype it.

8. RandyG

RandyG

Ok, those are probably WordPad or WordPerfect font categories.

I'd be more inclined to get her to type it up, and then save the lot as a doc or html.

9. alwrmc

alwrmc Thread Starter

First Name:
    B.L.
    I just emailed her the best looking version I could get. I recommended that in future she print a copy (backup!!) and make sure she pays attention to how she is saving the file. Thanks again and I'll consider this one closed.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice