Converting .TS Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Robm1955

I'm trying to convert some .ts files, that I recorded on my tv. Through the web, I discovered, it could be done easily, with VLC. I followed the simple procedure, for converting TS files, but every time I try, I get the error, 'The output file already exists, if the recording continues, the file will be overridden and it's contents lost', with the option to Overwrite, or Keep Existing file. Which ever I choose, VLC just goes into a continuous loop, displaying this message, and I have to use Task manager to close it. A file is created where I choose with the name I give it, but it can't be played, and VLC just goes into a loop again. Can anyone help? I downloaded the latest version of VLC, from Videolan, and I running Windows 10. On their forum, the only advice I could get was to rename the file, and save it somewhere else. I've tried this, but still keep getting the error, on repeat.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try Pazera free video pack .... [Video > mp4]
Works on my .m2ts camera files

Robm1955

Thanks Noyb. Downloaded, and tried it, got this error

Error # 1
----------
Date & Time: 14/07/2020 / 15:33:08
File no 1 "C:\Users\user\Desktop\DVR\RECS\2020050914300201\0001.ts" is probably damaged!
ExitCode: 1
C:\Users\user\Desktop\DVR\RECS\2020050914300201\0001.ts: could not find codec parameters

---------------------------------------------------------------------
At least, this is a different error message than VLC. It's only a small clip, just to test it, so I can't see it being damaged, and I don't know what codec parameters, it's looking for.

Oddba11

Jim
What is the source of the file? The source could be using a non-standard format.

Robm1955

I recorded some tv to a usb stick, and just wanted to see if it could be converted. The file might have been corrupted.

Robm1955

Recorded a new file, and tried with Pazera. It accepted the file, but said it was going to take 24hrs to convert? Downloaded Avidmux, as you suggested 2twenty2, and I didn't really know what I was doing, but I saved it, and it converted to MKV, in a matter of seconds, and played with vlc. I've got to learn how to get MP4 now, and get rid of the ads.

I marked the area "EDIT" and near the bottom those "Buttons" are what you will use the most when removing the ads from the recording. Hope this helps. Good luckAvid1.jpg

Robm1955

Had to change the video output to Mpeg4 AVC(x264) before it would convert, but it's doing it now, and is going to take about 6 mins. I don't think the program fully recorded though, as it cut off not long after 1 ad break. Still, it's working, so thanks guys for your assistance. One happy bunny.

Have you ever heard Joyoshare Media Cutter? It's an all-in-one video editing program with the ability to convert HD videos like TS, TRP, etc to any other format at 60X speed.

Robm1955

I've seen quite a few joyoshare programs, but I don't think I've come across that one. I'll keep my eye open. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online