1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Converting video files for my MP3 player

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by smooth, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    Hey everybody :D

I have a Creative Zen V Plus 4GB MP3 player. I am not big on podcasts that I can download from online (especially the G4 TV video podcasts)

The software that came with the MP3 player has a utility that allows me to convert the downloaded video files, down to a size that is able to be viewed on the MP3 player. Unfortunately, when it converts these files "down" in size, the actual file size becomes much larger.

For example, one video file I downloaded is an hour long video that is about 177 MB, but when converted with the program becomes about 299 MB. :eek:

Does anyone know of a program that will convert these files down to the proper size, without making the file size so big?

Thanks for any suggestions :)

2. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
  3. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
  4. techy689

techy689

Try using Video to iPod converting software... it shoud do the trick.

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    From What I was able to find on line, your player can only handle uncompressed AVI files. You may want to check your product documentation to confirm this.
    (Ref: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=380176)

Uncompressed AVI files can be quite large as compared to compressed AVI files or other video format files.
    (Ref: http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_Compression_AVI.aspx)

I suspect that the "size" conversion in your software only changes the number of horizontal and vertical pixels in the original video format to match your player and then transcodes the video into uncompressed AVI. The actual file size can grow.

6. smooth

smooth Thread Starter

First Name:
    Garrett
    I'll check out the links :)

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that there was someway that my MP3 player could have compressed videos. That really makes the video files a lot larger than they should be

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice