1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Converting videos from a canon digital camera (motion jpeg) to a "usable" format

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by AhrenBa, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

I have a Canon SD1000 digital camera that takes videos in motion jpeg, and is contained in an .avi extension.

I hate my camera for this. :) The files are big and I run into a lot of problems with the motion jpeg format.

How can I convert the motion jpeg video from the Canon camera to a more usable format, such as .mpeg or .mov? Thanks.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I've found that the funcionality of Super benifits greatly if you install one of the codec packs as well, K-lite or mega for example.

4. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the response.

I have had SUPER for quite a while now, but found it to have a number of problems while converting.

Is there a way (option) in SUPER to make the output file have the same bitrate and movie/audio quality, but with just a different file format (.mpg)?

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Dimensions you can usually find a place to check to keep the same as input but for bitrate you just kind of have to know what you need for a certain quality that you're looking for on the device or screen you intend to play the result on.

6. missyrose78

missyrose78

i need help downloading musice videos unto my gigabeat i have windows vista

7. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I've found "Super" to be a bit dicey to use. Sometimes the very same settings will not work on the very same file. Often this appears to be a "resource" problem requireing a cold boot. You may need to experiment with the codec selection both for video and audio within the output "container" selected.

The .flv format offers best compression but you will need something like "Videolan" to view them.

It's best to match everything else as much as possible to the file being converted. Just double click it in Super to open the analytic utility.

>>> missyrose78: you need to open a separate topic for your problem rather than "piggyback" -- but welcome to the forum :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice