Converting windows 98 to a virtual machine in 2019

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PK-her0

hi guys

wasnt really sure where this should go...but since im trying it on a windows 7 machine i thought i would post it here.

i need to convert a windows 98 installation into a vm...the hardware on the 98 is failing and i dont want to lose an application that will cost thousands to replace.

I just wondered what the chances are of converting the 98 to a vm so i can run it on a newer pc
i googled but information looked old and wondered what the chances are of getting something installed on the 98 to to the conversion.

can you convert a hard drive to a vm? as in the system doesnt need to be running? or is there a soft i can use?
any help greatly appreciated

pk

PK-her0

hey guys remember this is windows 98

i wouldnt expect much of anything to install and run on it...

Johnny b

John
Are you wanting to run your Win98 in a virtual machine on a newer computer running something like Win 7,8 or 10?

Or just transfer your existing Win98 to a similar computer in good condition?

Last I remember, virtual os apps like VirtualBox do not run on a Win 9X platform.

PK-her0

definitely the first
"Are you wanting to run your Win98 in a virtual machine on a newer computer running something like Win 7,8 or 10?"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online