1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Converting Wordperfect docs w/macros to Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by narcmancpd, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. narcmancpd

narcmancpd Thread Starter

I would like to know if there is a way to convert wordperfect templates that contain macros over to MS Word,and if so how can I do this without loosing any of the form and macro prompts, your help with this will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Have you tried opening these WP docs using Word?

Word will convert the document formatting, but I don't know if it has the capability to convert the macros?

3. narcmancpd

Thanx Phil I've tried that but I loose the macros and some of the forms, I appreciate your help though.

4. WhitPhil

You may want to read this paper

"It is important to realize that attempting to simply convert WordPerfect macros will provide little benefit to your organization.

Let’s clarify an important point – the 'conversion' of WordPerfect macros to Microsoft Word is NOT possible."

And, this MS one

"This document describes the methodology, approach, and requirements for converting macros developed for various versions of WordPerfect to Visual Basic® for Applications in Microsoft® Word. "

And, one for Word 2000

5. narcmancpd

OK Thanx Phil I was at that point but thought it was worth a try, but does anyone no how to write word macros LOL

6. WhitPhil

See edits above.

Also, DreamBoat may have some thoughts if she bumps into this thread.

7. narcmancpd

Thanx Phil I'll ad her to my buddy list.

8. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Um. No.
    Heck, there's not even a converter for previous versions (VBA) of Word...

Are they pretty extensive macros, narcmancpd? Do you or anyone else know EXACTLY what they do? We could probably help you recreate them...

9. narcmancpd

Thanx for Replying Dreamboat, These macros work in conjunction with case reports we do here in our unit, if you would like I could email you one however they are in wordperfect format, and they hate Winxp, they pretty much like to be run from a floppy, If you have an offline email I could give you my office number and or vice versa, This problem started because we bought new computers and they are only coming with Office 2003 on them and because of lic problems we can't put wordperfect on the new systems. Help.

10. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Send your choice: [email protected]

I do need to have some idea of what the macro does.
    Include your phone number. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice