1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cookie Issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by User6794, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. User6794

User6794 Thread Starter

Okay, I know absolutely nothing about computers... so this is kinda like a last chance thing before my dad shoots me. We have Windows XP and when I loaded my picture program for my digital camera it loaded quicktime onto our computer. Which disabled the cookie for one website that my father uses. I've tried everything in internet options to enable the cookies, I've lowered the privacy settings to allow all cookies, I've set everything to allow cookies, yet this site won't work... but there are other cookies on our computer, it's just this one website that will not let him log on. When the message pops up it says that either javascript and/or the cookies have been disabled... I know it is not the java because I reinstalled it and that's working just fine. I've asked numerous people and they keep telling me once the cookies are gone they're gone forever. But they can't be gone since every other site we visit comes up with cookies. I really don't know what to do, I mean it's only one site but apparently it means a lot, lol. Please help me! :(

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

I don't think it's cookies but you could put that site in his trusted zone and see if that helps. I believe you can also set it to always allow cookies for that particular site too.

3. M.I.C.R.O.N

M.I.C.R.O.N

Hi

Firstly, you say you know nothing of computers, well you know enough to get online and post on here, so well done!

Ok, just sounds like cookies have been disabled, so we need to turn them back on.

So open up Internet Exporer. Click Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab > Advanced Button. Then put a tick in Override Cookie Handling, then put ticks in Accept Cookies. Click Apply then ok.

All should be back to normal.

Hope this helps.

4. User6794

User6794 Thread Starter

I've done that... Overriding the cookie handling didn't work...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/391796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice