1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cookie problems - I think???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jweber24, Jan 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jweber24

jweber24 Thread Starter

I am trying to place an order on Buy.com and it will not let me log in on my Windows XP machine.

When I try to log in I get a "We were unable to access the page you requested. Our server may be busy. Please wait a few seconds, then try again. "

And when I try to place something in the cart w/o being logged in I get a
    "Your Shopping Basket is Empty
    If you have tried to add an item to your basket and the basket is still empty, you may not have "cookies" enabled on your browser. More information on cookies. " message.

I have turned down my privacy settings to accept all cookies. I have checked override cookies, accept 1st party, accept 3rd party...
    How can I fix / find out what the hack is stopping me from opening this page.

I have an old machine running Windows 98 and I get in/order w/o problems. Any/all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

2. ohheck

ohheck

goto internet explorer - internet options - delete all cookies, delete files, clear history -
    maybe?...

3. Swiper

Swiper

Double click on your Time in the task bar

make sure
    1. Time is correct
    2. Date is correct
    3. Year is correct
    4. Time zone is correct

goodluck
    Swiper

PS: if your time is in any way shape or form off, many secure sites will discard the cookie automatically

4. jweber24

jweber24 Thread Starter

Delete all cookies, delete files, clear history - Done and unfortunately doesn't do the trick.
    Time, Date, Year, and Time Zone are all correct.

5. Swiper

Swiper

If you use a router to connect through, also make sure its time setting are correct

(forgot to mention that)

6. jweber24

jweber24 Thread Starter

How do I change time settings of the router?? I didn't think that was possible.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!