1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cookie Question

Discussion in 'General Security' started by 2David, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 2David

2David Thread Starter

I,ve always gotten rid of cookies by right clicking on start and go to explore and when the folders all came up the cookie folder was there also. I've done it this way for years and when checking ot the other day the cookie folder is gone and I was wondering if you could help me get it back? I would open up the folder and select all and then delete and the cookie folder always remained because there is one item that cannot be deleted.
    Thank you,
    2David

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

What happens when you do
    Start > Run > cookies
    ?

3. Popza

Popza

The cookies folder will open showing all the cookies currently on your system. You can highlite them to get information such as when they were put in your PC. Clicking on a cookie will open them with notepad if you want to look at their code i guess it is. You can delete them but it's easier to run a cleaning utility such as Ad-Aware to clear them. I hope this was helpfull to you

4. 2David

2David Thread Starter

That works,thank you, now I still would like to know where the folder went.

5. Popza

Popza

try running cookies again. then on the toolbar click on "folders" it will show a tree you will probably see the "cookies" folder listed there under local disk c /documents and settings/your name/cookies

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/667064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice