1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cookie

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by blueberryduf, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blueberryduf

blueberryduf Thread Starter

umm..best site there is online! Thanks for all the info I've gotten already and I'm so new I don't know my way around yet.So far,I've learned about Iadhide,backweb and a lot of other things I didn't know about.One thing I have no idea about though..I have a tracking cookie (weatherbug,I think) attached in my temp files,and I have tried everything to get rid of it...no matter,it stays!Any suggestions???

2. Fromsej

Fromsej

3. blueberryduf

blueberryduf Thread Starter

Isn't that the same as adaware...which I already have...thanks for the help

4. akita

akita

start computer in safe mode, then delete file... jobs a goodun !!!

5. Fromsej

Fromsej

Spybot does the same as ad aware, but I and many others find it more powerfull.

6. starman2002

starman2002

Using both Spybot and AdAware is a good way to keep your PC clean of the nasty stuff one can accquire while surfing the web.

7. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Most here tend to use BOTH SpyBot and AdAware. What one misses the other picks up. Since there is new spyware/adware/malware coming out daily, sometimes it's just a matter of which one has the newest definations.
    Both are good and your PC can never be too clean.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/149151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice