1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cookies are enabled but I can't sign into anything.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CuteMonster92, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuteMonster92

CuteMonster92 Thread Starter

Hello there,
    So I'm having a big problem with signing into sites like YouTube and FaceBook. I'll go through what happened.

I signed out of my YouTube account a few days ago and now when ever I try to sign in it says that my browses cookie functionality is turned off. I've turned it on and checked it multiple times and it was still telling me the same thing. I thought maybe the root of the problem was with internet explorer( I was using Firefox ) so I went there, looked at my cookies and they too were totally fine and set to where they usually were.

That didn't fix anything. So I went to my firewall because I use to have it off all the time ( can't remember why I turned it on again ) checked it's settings and turned it back off.

I even went to my internet options to check my cookies there but the settings were the same as they had always been.

So for some reason I can't sign into Facebook or Youtube or Google in general and I have a hard time signing into my hotmail or anything else really. I'm typing all of this on my phone.

I tried a system restore but that didn't fix anything either. I'm lost on what else I could possibly do.

And no it is not a virus. I had AVG program for that while this was all happening. I removed that because I thought it was interfering but yeah...didn't work either.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm finishing my high school online and this problem is getting in the way.

P. S I've tried using different browsers already. That doesn't work either. :(

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Make sure your computer has the correct date and time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice