1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cooler Master Elite

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by butcherboy75, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. butcherboy75

butcherboy75 Thread Starter

At the college i am training we have the above desktop which keeps shutting down unexpectedly, all connections are fine and it is not over heating. any advice would be helpful :)

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is just the case maker ie coolermaster. In order to help you, you need to post the exact system specs; ie exact mb installed, exact cpu, exact ram, exact pw supply installed, etc, etc.

3. butcherboy75

Gigabyte MB GA-MA69VM-S2, AMD Athlon 64x2 daul core. 2x 2gb ddr2 ram. atx 12 v cooler master 460

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is some pretty old hardware. The very first thing I would do would be to open the case and give the board a VERY close inspection with a bright light. Look for any capacitors that look like the pics below. If ALL of the caps look ok, then swap in a known good pw supply for testing. In addition, post your temps and voltages here; specifically the cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V and 3.3V values. Since this is a gigabyte board, you can install easytune and access this info OR you can also read it in the bios.

Attached Files:

5. butcherboy75

cpu temp37 system temp39 capacitors look fine

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

And the voltages? Post ALL requested info.

7. butcherboy75

ddr2 1.8v, +3.3v, +12v

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you are not understanding. I need the exact voltages. I highly doubt your 12V rail is running exactly at 12 even. Look in the bios for this info.

9. butcherboy75

That is the exact figures shown in the bios. No other figures available

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

11. butcherboy75

Thanks for your imput but thats me done at college of into the big bad world with cisco IT essentials and comp tia a+ lol. Guess that pc is another students problem now. Thanks again

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1092898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice