1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

COOLER MASTER HYPER TX3 EVVO

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Robbiecas9, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robbiecas9

Robbiecas9 Thread Starter

can i use this cooler? i have never used it before i had it lying around collecting dust..The pipe seems rusted or something

Attached Files:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You could try using it however IF it were me, I would just purchase a new coolermaster 212 cooler; better cooler and you know it works.
    Do you have all of the hardware that comes with the cooler?
    Do you have adequate room to install the cooler?

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Make sure you clean the bottom with 91% alcohol or heat sink compound cleaner and apply new heat sink compound to the processor, also you need the attachment hardware for the CPU you want to use it on. The Cooler master 212 evo is very tall and need at least 7" wide on your case , probably a full tower. I wouldn't fit my mid tower. 212 evo wont fit a socket 775 anymore. If using it for a socket 775 you would need a 212 LED.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The cooler he is asking about is a TX3; those are slightly shorter and lighter than a 212.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice