Solved Cooler Master Seidon 120v not cooling

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tehdansorz

I've recently acquired a Cooler Master Seidon 120v and am currently trying to install it on my ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Gaming motherboard. I've connected the pump to the first chassis fan and the radiator to the first CPU fan slot. Upon booting to the BIOS my CPU temperature keeps rising, I've seen it go as far as 80 degrees, at which point I just turn the PC off. I set all fans to full speed. Thermal paste is applied well. Either the pump doesn't work or I just can't hear it. Any suggestions?

tehdansorz

To add some information, my stock Intel fan worked well and reduced temperatures to about 60 degrees under load. Now it increases without any limit in the BIOS screen.

tehdansorz

Found the solution: since the pump is showing N/A as the RPM in BIOS means the pump is defective.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online