1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Coolermaster HAF922 front motherboard connecters

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JimmyBrasco, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyBrasco

JimmyBrasco Thread Starter

I am assembling the majority of my computer and i have come to installing the front panel power/reset/led/ect. connectors to my motherboard in the Cooler Master HAF922 case. Other than the the power led connectors which has the + and - listed, none of the other connectors has the + and - it on them. there is nothing in the manual for the case either.

The power led wire colours is green (which is the '+') and white (which is the '-') and since the wires for all the front connectors are white and another colour - orange for power switch, blue for reset switch, ect. might that be indicating that the white might always be '-'?

just wondering if anyone knows the case have any ideas?

2. BruinBeer

BruinBeer

The only thing that is not going to work if you connect it wrong is a led. As far as I know the front panel switches works any way round so that won't matter. Seeing that a led is a diode I think if you connect it wrong all it will do is nothing because a diode is not suppose to let power through when connecting it wrongly.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Usually besides the Power LED the only other connector you would have to worry about the polarity on would be the HDD activity LED.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!