Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ingeborgdot

I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

Oddba11

Jim
CPU fan should push, not pull. It will greatly affect performance.

I would suggest different RAM. And unless you are OCing, RAM cooling isn't a major concern.

ingeborgdot

Do you want to buy some brand new ram? Could I take of the heatsink on the one stick?

Oddba11

Jim
If it's new you could return/exchange. Sure you could remove the heatsink, of course that will VOID the warranty...and defeats the whole purpose of buying that type of RAM with heatsinks.

ingeborgdot

I have had it for over 30 days from newegg. I have been buying parts for the last 2 months and got some great deals but this kind of sucks.

Tanis

Shane
If you aren't overclocking then the RAM with heatsinks and the aftermarket CPU cooler shouldn't be needed, stock CPU coolers are perfectly good at stock speeds.

ingeborgdot

I now have an H40 liquid cooler from Corsair installed in my computer. I want to know what someone would do in the case I am going to explain.
The H40 recommends it as an air intake so I have put this as an air intake in the back. My top fan on my P183 V3 is taking air out. My front two though are intake again. That is 3 in and 1 out. Should I switch my top fan in the front of my case and put it as an out fan? This would give me 2+2. Any suggestions would be great if you know what you are talking about.:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online