1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus question.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ingeborgdot, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ingeborgdot

ingeborgdot Thread Starter

I am putting together a new build with a hyper 212 plus and some corsair vengeance memory that goes right beside it. The problem is that the hyper 212 extends slightly into the 1st slot of memory. The vengeance memory is way too high with the heatsink on it. What can I do? Can I put the fan on the cooler to pull instead of push or will I lose some cooling? Do I need to get different memory? Can I take of the heatsink on the first stick? Thanks.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    CPU fan should push, not pull. It will greatly affect performance.

I would suggest different RAM. And unless you are OCing, RAM cooling isn't a major concern.

3. ingeborgdot

Do you want to buy some brand new ram? Could I take of the heatsink on the one stick?

4. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    If it's new you could return/exchange. Sure you could remove the heatsink, of course that will VOID the warranty...and defeats the whole purpose of buying that type of RAM with heatsinks.

5. ingeborgdot

I have had it for over 30 days from newegg. I have been buying parts for the last 2 months and got some great deals but this kind of sucks.

6. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    If you aren't overclocking then the RAM with heatsinks and the aftermarket CPU cooler shouldn't be needed, stock CPU coolers are perfectly good at stock speeds.

7. ingeborgdot

I now have an H40 liquid cooler from Corsair installed in my computer. I want to know what someone would do in the case I am going to explain.
    The H40 recommends it as an air intake so I have put this as an air intake in the back. My top fan on my P183 V3 is taking air out. My front two though are intake again. That is 3 in and 1 out. Should I switch my top fan in the front of my case and put it as an out fan? This would give me 2+2. Any suggestions would be great if you know what you are talking about.:D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026064

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice