1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cooling fan getting louder.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jakesm20, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakesm20

Jakesm20 Thread Starter

Hello my cooling fan is getting slightly louder, it's really very minimal but it use to be dead silent. i was just wondering what are the best ways to maintain fans, i heard it depends on the fan?

also while im here ive noticed that my graphics card is kind of limping down on the far right corner and i believe it has actually morphed the shape of it, it still works fine but should i be worried about this? I here it's a common problem with big graphics cards but nobody seems to have a solution.

Thanks

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Two typical causes: 1) dirt buildup and/or higher heat causing the fan to run faster to maintain temps (most current fans are thermal controlled). 2) shaft/bearings are wearing from age

As for the "limping down", I assume you mean the cards orientation with the motherboard? With the PC powered off, ensure the card is still fully/properly inserted into the motherboard slot and that the retention screw is snug.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice