1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cooling fan (Moved from Windows 8 forum)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bettydnz, Sep 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bettydnz

bettydnz Thread Starter

Please, why do I have to update my Intel Graphics Driver everyday to get the cooling fan to work?
    Toshiba Satellite P-70-A Win 8.1
    It shows - C:\Users\Betty\AppData\Local\Temp\23.43.45.TC00576000C.b
    Does this mean at shut down it is deleted? Won't allow me to change destination.
    Have spent days trying to find a solution. Cheers.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Please expand on why you think the fan doesn't work and why you think re-installing the Graphics driver fixes it.

That is a temporary location but it doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem.

3. bettydnz

bettydnz Thread Starter

I can really hear my fan when playing fast games normally and this stopped, laptop got extremerly hot.
    My Toshiba health centre tells me I need to update Intel graphic driver( it is the same one each time), I do this and immediately the fan goes. I may have to get my tech man to look at it. Have a feeling it may have happened after an auto
    update. Think it maybe a bit beyond me to fix.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Thanks for the extra details. I read online that the P-70-A can have a 2 year warranty. I would try to get it repaired under warranty if it is still covered.

5. bettydnz

bettydnz Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies will look into it,

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice