Copied Music to SD from PC. Phone sees mostly empty folders

JustSomeBloke

I have a samsung galaxy J6
I bought two 128gb micro SD cards as I wanted all my music on my phone.
I have tried this in a number of different ways, with the same result. I watch them copy ( as in im watching the folder on the sd card and can see then being added one by one )

I've tried
1. micro sd card in the phone, attached to pc via usb cable
2. Micro sd card in a usb card reader, plugged into a usb hub
3. formatting the sd card using windows 10 right click option
4. Micro sd card in a usb card reader, plugged directly into the back of the pc ( windows 10, 64bit, 32gb ram, 2.9ghz cpu iirc )

Every time, it looks like the majority of the files have copied over, and I take the sd card out of the reader and put it back into the mobile again, and then it has all the folder names, but says 0 items, and the folders are empty.The majority of files it copies are from A to D, but it seems to be very random

I spoke to someone on samsung chat but they only suggested a virus scan ( everything is clean ) and a ransomware remover, which seemed irrelevant to this issue, so they were unable to help me.

I tried to do this with 2 identical samsung 128gb micro SD cards, that I bought from two different places, and both have the same issue.
I am all out of ideas, so I hope someone might be able to make sense out of all this, and help me get all my music onto my sd card.

Thanks in advance =)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online