Copy admin desktop to new user account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BigDog101

I'm having some issues with a child accessing inappropriate material on a PC in our home. All of the PC's were originally setup with only Admin accounts (no user accounts).

I want to setup new user accounts and would like to copy the admin desktop and any programs on the Admin account to new user accounts. (Games, educational programs, etc.)

My goal is to lock down the PC's so only an admin (and not) a 'user' can make changes (add software, make dns changes, etc.). (I will be changing the Admin Password)

Any advice to direction to previous posts or other resources on how to do this is appreciated.

TerryNet

Terry
From an Administrator User account you can create Standard User accounts. Standard User accounts are severely restricted in what they can do. Programs that have been installed by an Administrator User account will be usable by the Standard accounts unless they were installed "for this account only."

From the Administrator User account you should be able to copy stuff to the Standard User desktops.

Also, if you want the items on all desktops, you can put it on the public desktop

C:\Users\Public\Desktop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online