1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

COPY AND PASTE for internet explorer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lutz1904, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

hey can anyone help me? for some reason my clipboard don*s work for internet explorer. it works for everything else but not ie.

i have done the following already:
    - reinstalled ie...
    - downloaded an advanced clipboard
    - resetted my web settings

anyone know what i can do? isn*t there sposed to be the clipboard thing when you go to START » all programs » accessories » system toOls or something? cuz i can*t find my clipboard anywhere.

please help!

2. rayearle

rayearle

sweeetLiLjen,

Could you please explain in detail exactly what you are doing and exactly how it "doesn't work"? Also operating system and I.E. versions would be helpful. I regularly (almost daily) copy (left click and drag) text and pictures from web pages shown by I.E. 6.0 into the windows clipboard and then paste them (generally Ctrl - V) into text, word, e-mail, etc. documents on Windows XP Home and Pro systems as well as on a Windows ME system. I also use Yankee Clipper III (freeware clipboard extender) and it recognizes the copied data without any problem.

3. Sage Cypher

Sage Cypher

Also how many sites have you tried to copy and paste and what are some of the sites if you have tried more than one?

4. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

ahhh sorry
    i didn*t feel likie typing and i shtill don*t!

well see... when i try to copy something whether by pressing ctrl+c er by right-clicking and selecting "copy", it*s likie the moment i copy something, it disappears.

ahh i can*t explain it!

alright... when i right click, the option "copy" is there but NOT "paste". it may say "copy" but it*s not likie i can paste anything anyway... so it*s likie the moment i copy something, it disappears already. i just can*t paste. i can*t copy anything from ie and i can*t paste anything in ie. "paste" is just dimmed out.
    this happens regardless of what website i*m on... no matter WHAT website i*m on, it never works.

5. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

anyone know what to do?
    ehh~ i just need it asap.. [gotta do some html... coding]

6. honestron

honestron

could it be the msbalster worm that was going around ?

7. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

*gasp* =[
    i dunno about that... does it mess up people*s clipboard though? maybe it doesn*t... is it a new virus? what does that virus usually do?

8. rude

rude

9. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

^ Oh I see...

Wow this doesn*t happen to anyone? I thought this would be common....

10. rude

rude

I think I found it! Go to Tools/Internet options,on the Security tab,click on Internet,then Default Level.Do the same for Local intranet

11. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

nope.. didn*t work :(

thanx anyway...

anything else?

12. rude

rude

Try this:Start/Run Type gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/ Task Scheduler,on the right pane make sure "Prohibit Drag-and-Drop"is set to "Not Configured"or "Disabled"

Do the same in "User Configuration"

13. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

ALERT: "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

14. rude

rude

15. Lutz1904

Lutz1904 Thread Starter

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!