1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copy and paste functions (with the mouse) do not work

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Ibadaah, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ibadaah

Ibadaah Thread Starter

For some reason the copy and paste function (with the mouse) does not work at all on here. I'll highlight a text and then right click and nothing. Any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

2. toddlerstomper

toddlerstomper Banned

Hello and welcome to TSG.I want you to run sfc /scannow for starters:Use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
      The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    Let us know how things go for you. :))

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956482