1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copy and paste oddity

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by wolfworx, Nov 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

I noticed when I try to copy an image on an email message to a Word document, the image fails to paste. Yet if I first paste the image into Paint or PSP and recopy in that app, I can then successfully paste into a Word document.

Why is this extra step necessary?

More useful -- I also discovered that I can strip text of formatting by first copying the text into Notepad, recopy and paste into the destination app.

2. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

For the second issue, have you tried using "Paste Special"?

Attached Files:

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

What email program are using when copying from an email?

4. wolfworx

wolfworx Thread Starter

I am using Thunderbird.

On the second issue. Paste Special usually does the job, but not for all cases.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137137