1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copy contacts from windows phone to Noka Phone

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by etaf, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etaf

etaf Moderator Thread Starter

First Name:
    Wayne
    I'm trying to copy contacts for a client from a windows phone to a Nokia
    The contacts are on the Phone and much larger than the sim card can hold - and also separate sims

So a few weeks ago, I have copied all the contacts to the SIM card on the windows Phone - placed into the Nokia and copied to the Nokia Phone
    But we are missing quite a few contacts now - and because of sim activation and de-activation I did not want to mess around with simcard coping again

Windows Phone - Orange SPV M700
    Nokia 6500 Slide
    Windows Mobile Device Centre
    Nokia Ovi Suite
    Sony Laptop with Vista & Bluetooth
    Outlook 2003

The Plan for Next Monday 7th

i will use my Sony Laptop with Bluetooth
    I have used bluetooth to connect the phone before - but didnt have the sync software

I have Windows Mobile Device Centre
    with Outlook 2003, windows - which is blank -
    Nokia Ovi Suite - Which I know works with the phone
    Bluetooth
    So I can sync the windows phone using bluetooth to the Mobile Centre and use Oulook 2003 as contacts

Q1) can I just sync from the Windows Phone to outlook and therefore obtain a complete copy of the contacts - I do NOT want the blank contacts on outlook to delete the contacts on the phone , can I set up the Sync from Phone => outlook

then I will have a backup of the contacts on outlook and can save the contacts using export, which we also need to have

Next I can then with bluetooth connect to the Nokia phone and Sync with Outlook - this time the otherway
    outlook ==> Nokia Phone
    Then all the missing contacts will be added to the nokia phone

then we can look at updating his outlook 2003 to be the master contacts and sync to the nokia - via cable as he does not have bluetooth

Q2) does that sound like a workable plan , anything I need , i missed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/978588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice