Copy data table

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Smarier

Hi Guys

Hi am trying to duplicate the entire content of a table into the same table but adding the prefix "A_" in front of the new data. With this i will have the same data twice but one with the "A-" all in the same table.

Can any body help me?

Thanks

OBP

Smarier, welcome to the forum.
Can I ask why you would want to do this?

Smarier

I need to do this because we need to control the inventory of the different shops and the software we are using does not allow us to do so. By add the prefix "A-" in front we can control two diffrent inventory with the same software.

Thanks for the reply

When you say table are you referring to a true database table or are you referring to a table in Excel?

Rollin

OBP

smarier, you do not need to duplicate the stock to cover 2 shops, you use a Many to Many table that relates the stock to the Shop and contains the Quantity for that shop. ie
Inventory table
ID 1 Sugar 1KG Bag
ID 2 Tea 1KG box

Shops
ID 1 shop 1
ID 2 shop 2

Linking Table
Shop ID 1 - Stock ID 1 - Quantity 100
Shop ID 2 - Stock ID 1 - Quantity 20
Shop ID 1 - Stock ID 2 -Quantity 25
Shop ID 2 - Stock ID 2 -Quantity 1

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online