Copy From Excel to Outlook as Unformatted Text Macro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tom1980

Hi there,

I have to prepare several daily emails which are prepared using a range of data (for example B3:D122) from Excel 2003 and then have to be sent using Outlook 2003. Unfortunately, due to various management requirements I am unable to merely attach the Excel file as an attachment or paste the Excel data into the email as a straight paste - I have to paste as Unformatted text and then manually change various lines of the email to Bold and Underlined text.
I am trying to write a macro that will do this automatically but am unable to get the Excel data pasted into Outlook (as unformatted text or otherwise). I am assuming that for the font changes to bold I will have to use a Find function in the macro.

The code that I have got so far is as follows:

Range("B3:D122").Select
selection.Copy

Dim olApp As Object, olMail As Object
Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set olMail = olApp.CreateItem(0)
olMail.To = "[email protected]"
olMail.Subject = Range("B3")
olMail.Display

I am new to VBA and so I may be missing a really obvious solution but after trawling the net I have been unable to find an answer.

Many thanks to anyone that can help and make my work a lot less tedious!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online