1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copy Music From a CD to your hard drive

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by arielleapril, Feb 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arielleapril

arielleapril Thread Starter

How can I Copy Songs from a music CD to my hard drive? I have a Cd Burner but I want to make a music cd with songs that i have downloaded from the internet but also include songs from cd's that i already have.

2. tlund_99

tlund_99

put source cd in cdrom drive.Go to windows explorer and click on cdrom drive.Drag cd files you want to a temporary folder on your hardrive and they should be copied to that folder

3. tlund_99

tlund_99

Addition to above post-after you copy the music files from cdrom to temporary foder,I call mine Temp ie:C:\Temp, then drag the downloaded files to the same folder.Then go into your cd burning program and burn them to the new cd.The music files on the cd will have a cda. extension.

4. Tiamat

Tiamat

Tlund_99

How do you get Windows Explorer to copy the songs from the CD to the Hard Drive? I've attempted this a few times, but all it does (for me atleast) is just copy a link to the song (e.g. track1.lnk) which is a 4Kb file (most songs are 50Mb+).

If there a certain setting that allows you to copy the whole song, instead of just the link, please share how to do so! [​IMG]

As to the original poster, another way you can try (depending on the CDR software you are using), try creating an Audio CD, and insert the songs in the order you want them. However, this will involve a lot of disk swapping, plus possibly alot of shuffeling (sp) (e.g. adaptec wont let you copy more 2 songs from the same CD in a row, unless you just do "CD Copy").

If Tlund_99 explains how he copies to the hard drive, that would definately be the best way. [​IMG]

5. tlund_99

tlund_99

In Windows Explorer you put the source CD in CDrom drive.Make a Temporary Folder on your C: drive.The music files should have the .cda
    extension."Right drag" the files from the source drive to the Temporary folder.When you release the right mouse button you will see a box with "move" "copy" among others.Select copy.It should copy the selected files to the Temprary folder.I use
    shift-left click to select all the files or
    ctrl-left click to pick individual files and the right click-drag to drag them to the Temp folder.If you have any further questions
    let me know.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/38795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice