1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copy/paste kaput word 2003

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mom2inky, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mom2inky

mom2inky Thread Starter

it has been ages since i have said hi to all you wonderful people, so HI! do hope all have a great summer, vacation, etc. it's been great here! no vacation, but still had/have a great time playing with my ball of foil!! :D:D

ya know all of us have been on a deadline to get a report, etc. done and right in the short time you have your pc gets stupid. well mine has gone stupid and i had to laugh that such a simple thing went haywire but I AM CLOSE TO MY DEADLINE AND DON'T NEED THIS CRAP! :D:D:D

I volunteer at the resale shop that sells things to raise money for our animal shelter. I can't begin to tell you how fantastic the resale shop is! all the proceeds (the sales are two weekends a month 6 hours each day and they make $1200-1500 each weekend) go directly to the feeding and care of the zillion of animals in the shelter and zip goes to admin cost!!!

anyway, i am working on (and have to get them done NOW) the sale date flyer and the xmas flyer and all of a sudden my copy/paste function doesn't work!! Not CTRL C (even when I reset the keyboard command--changed the keys to use for this function..did a system restore, etc.) SO...the people at the resale shop are great people but they will beat me if i don't get these donek:( I checked the posts about this problem but the threads had expired.

I KNOW and am major confident you all will help/solve this problem..:D

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya ,first open your task manager,procecesses tab and go down the list to the explorer .exe and "end process",then reboot

3. mom2inky

mom2inky Thread Starter

no good, hmmm now what?

4. huggie54

huggie54

download the .vbs file

5. mom2inky

mom2inky Thread Starter

what is the .vbs file

6. mom2inky

mom2inky Thread Starter

god hates me...lol...had to cut parts out of the two things I needed and use real "paste" to make one flyer! but they turned out good..but i know we can fix this stupid copy/paste thing in the next month or so lol lol lol

7. huggie54

huggie54

it is a file association fix for microsoft visual basic script

Attached Files:

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I can't tell from your post what exactly the problem is. The title says "copy/paste kaput word 2003". Does that mean the copy and paste function don't work only in Word 2003? They work just fine everywhere else like Notepad? What are you copy and pasting? From what program to Word? Text? Pictures?

9. mom2inky

mom2inky Thread Starter

what a funny..have never had a keyboard go wacko; it was dying so all is well. forgot how to mark a post solved, oops!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!