1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Copy & Paste not Working in Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ViridianScourge, Nov 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViridianScourge

ViridianScourge Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Ran into a problem recently where I can't copy & paste, or move files whatsoever, in Windows Explorer. Copy and paste works everywhere else, so its not a keyboard driver issue. I took a look at a few other forum posts on this issue, and none seem to resolve the issue.

Background:

- I went through some pretty severe computer issues until I found out I had a bad stick of RAM, as determined by Memtest86. Around the same time, there was also a windows update, and I uninstalled a huge load of software I no longer used (Although I like to think I only uninstalled what I knew).

- Tried an early restore point, and the restore point seems to be conveniently after the problem was spotted.

- I believe I'm virus free. Microsoft Security Essentials says I'm in the green, and for added measure, I ran a Malwarebytes scan.

- sfc scannow says there are no issues.

- HijackThis file is included, if thats of any help.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 6
    RAM: 6142 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 238 GB (19 GB Free); E: 931 GB (437 GB Free); F: 1863 GB (878 GB Free); G: 931 GB (36 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Disabled

PS- No idea why the SysInfo utility says Essentials is disabled, I'm looking at it and it seems online and operational to me.

Attached Files:

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!