1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

copy + paste

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by desireepp, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dd
    :confused:
    Hi all, hope you have alaugh with my question but I actually DON'T KNOW how to copy : ie: THIS PAGE and paste it on an e-mail to explain to somebody something; yes I DO KNOW how to cut and copy essentially ( and I can can use a mouse - hooray!), but if I highlight this whole page when I paste all I get is the writing, etc - I want the whole image, in smaller of course, to paste it as an exampel , to an e-mail.

Did I explain myself right???

Thks for you help in advance.

cheers,
    ;)
    dd

2. Augie65

Augie65

You can highlight the URL in the address bar, right click and copy and then paste the address in an email so they can come to the web page.
    You can also copy the web page by clicking the prnt scrn on the keyboard. This places the image on the clipboard. Next, open mspaint and
    click on Edit> Paste.
    This will place the image in paint from the clipboard. Then click on:
    File> Save As, give it a name and in the File type drop down, select jpg. Save it on your computer
    and then you can insert it into your email program or as an attachment.

3. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dd
    Ah! so it is not just a forward copy + paste thing ( I used this page as an example but actually , I'm trying to help a group on yahoogroup to get a grip on how to use things - 2006 hasn't dawned on the yet...). I actually want to copy more than one page and show them then how to go through the motions.
    ok, will try this out - MANY THANKS!

tk care
    dd

4. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dd
    pardon me:
    where is the prnt scrn on the key board???????

oh dear! sigh!

thks

5. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dd
    Found It, Did It!
    Great !!!!

TouchÉ!

Cheers!

6. Moby

Moby

May be labelled Prt Sc and usually towards the top right.

7. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dd
    hello again...
    thought I had managed but although I did get up to save as - I can't get any further.
    1) although I may crop what I want to save etc - I pastes the whole background etc, not only what I cropped and thought I had pasted.
    2) it will not copy and paste nor on an OE mail , nor on my yahoogroup e-mail form - simply won't give the paste option..

I have seen it done even through your threds - ie: snapshots of pages you want to explain - exatly the same image but in small an pasted on to these messages in order to explain how to proceed with an inx through visual effects.

wanted to know how to do this, :eek:(((
    am so stupid! damn!

anyway, will keep on trying

( at least I founde the PrtSc button! quite an achievemente!)

many thks

dd

8. desireepp

desireepp Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dd
  9. Augie65

Augie65

After you save the screen shot to the hard drive. In OE, you click in the message were you want the screen shot. Then click on Insert and it will give you options, one will be File, choose that and browse to the
    location of the saved jpg. When you click on the file, it will be inserted at the cursor point in the message. You can also click on the Attachment icon and browse to the saved file and attach it to the message as an attachment.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!